Engineering Technology Department
The mission of the Department of Engineering Technology at Grambling State University is to:
- provide recognized undergraduate educational programs in Drafting Design Technology (DDT) and Electronics Engineering Technology (EET);
- prepare graduates to compete professionally and succeed in the areas of DDT and EET;
- develop managerial and supervisory traits for interactions with engineers, technicians and skilled craftsmen; and
- develop interpersonal administrative, sales and service skills.
Department Educational Objectives:
The Department of Engineering Technology has as its primary educational objectives to produce graduates who:
- possess the math. science and technical skills to be immediately productive and have successful careers in state, regional, national and international industries;
- are able to function effectively in team-oriented activities;
- exhibit a commitment to professional ethics and social awareness in their professional careers; and
- have the necessary fundamentals to pursue life-long learning through continued education, technical training, and/or professional development.
There are two (2) Bachelor of Science degree programs offered through the department:
Students enrolled in any of our programs may choose to participate in the cooperative education program. Co-op courses are offered for students to take advantage of documented work experiences to complement their academic record.
For more information contact:
Dr. Olusegun Adeyemi, P.E., Head
Department of Engineering Technology
Post Office Box 4250
Grambling State University
Grambling, LA 71245
Phone: 318 274-2497
Fax: 218 274 6013