Engineering Technology Department
The mission of the Department of Engineering Technology at Grambling State University is to:
- Provide recognized undergraduate educational programs in Drafting Design Technology (DDT) and Electronics Engineering Technology (EET);
- Prepare graduates to compete professionally and succeed in the areas of DDT and EET;
- Develop managerial and supervisory traits for interactions with engineers, technicians and skilled craftsmen; and
- Develop interpersonal administrative, sales and service skills.
Department Educational Objectives:
The Department of Engineering Technology has as its primary educational objectives to produce graduates who:
- Possess the math. science and technical skills to be immediately productive and have successful careers in state, regional, national and international industries;
- Are able to function effectively in team-oriented activities;
- Exhibit a commitment to professional ethics and social awareness in their professional careers; and
- Have the necessary fundamentals to pursue life-long learning through continued education, technical training, and/or professional development.
The department offers concentrations in electronics engineering technology, and drafting and design engineering technology leading to the Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering Technology. Both programs are accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ETAC/ABET), http://www.abet.org.
Students enrolled in any of our programs may choose to participate in the cooperative education program. Co-op courses are offered for students to take advantage of documented work experiences to complement their academic record.
For more information contact:
Dr. Olusegun Adeyemi, P.E., Head
Department of Engineering Technology
Post Office Box 4250
Grambling State University
Grambling, LA 71245
Phone: 318 274-2497
Fax: 218 274 6013