Engineering Technology Department
Electronics Engineering Technology Program:
The Electronics Engineering Technology (EET) Program is an application-orientated program. The program is concerned with preparing individuals for a wide variety of educational and responsible positions in schools, industry, business and governmental agencies. In addition, it equips the student with a broad theoretical and practical background to meet the new and demanding problems of our technological society.
Program Mission Statement
The mission of the program is to meet the electronics engineering technology manpower needs of the State of Louisiana and the nation as a whole by producing graduates that possess the skills and knowledge that are necessary to be productive practicing Electronics Engineering Technologists.
Program Educational Objectives
- To equip graduates with the competencies necessary for advanced graduate study or a professional career in the electrical/electronic field.
- To produce graduates with the technical and managerial skills needed to be a productive practicing Electronics Engineering Technologist in an effort to serve the needs of the community, the state and the nation.
- To prepare graduates who are able to function on multi-disciplinary teams and communicate technical ideas in an effective manner.
- To produce graduates who understand professional and ethical responsibilities and the need for life-long learning
To fulfill the mission and the program objectives of the electronics engineering technology degree program, eleven (11) outcomes have been adopted. These outcomes are listed below.
- An ability to apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools
success in the electronics engineering technology field.
- An ability to apply knowledge and adapt to emerging applications of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology.
- An ability to conduct, analyze and interpret experiments and apply experimental results to improve processes.
- An ability to apply creativity in the design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to electronics engineering technology program educational objectives.
- An ability to function effectively on teams.
- An ability to identify, analyze and solve technical problems.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning.
- An ability to understand professional, ethical and social responsibilities.
- A respect for diversity and a knowledge of contemporary professional,
and global issues.
- A commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.