- Biology, Chemistry, Math & Physics, or Computer Science Majors. Electronic Engineering Technology majors with a second major in math or science are also eligible.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Two to Four semesters remaining to graduate
- Committed to pursue Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. degree in Biomedical Sciences
- United States Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Participate in a Summer Research Internship at a Research Intensive Institution
- Under represented students who are African American, Hispanics, or Native Americans.
- Open to transfer students who must be enrolled at GSU During the Fellowship Period
- Total Benefits up to $47,718 (out-state) and up to $36,718 (in-state)
- Summer Research Internships (up to $4,000 for expenses)
- 60% of the Tuition for instate and out-of-state for two academic years (12 – 16 hours/semester)
- $969 Monthly Stipend up to $23,256 (up to 24 months)
- Travel cost to National Research Conference up to $1,600
- GRE sessions conducted by faculty (verbal and quantitative sessions)
- Mentoring by MARC Faculty
- Tutorial by faculty and peers
- Support during the application process to Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. programs
Application process consists of the following two components:
- Fill the PDF version of the MARC application form available on this Website. (Click on the MARC application tab on left). Print application form, sign it, and deliver it to the MARC Office located in A.C. Lewis Memorial Library in room #241A or mail to: MARC Program; P.O. Box 569; Grambling, LA 71245.
- Complete two Teacher Evaluation Forms. One form should be from your research mentor while at Summer Research Internship (SRI), if applicable. If not applicable, both forms should be from your math/science instructors. Please access the Teacher Rating Form available on the left panel of this Webpage. Click on the tab (Teacher Rating Form) and fill the upper portion of the form (student information) and then submit it to your recommender. Your recommender will fill this form online and submit it electronically to the MARC Office. Please provide this information to your recommender well in advance so that both recommendation forms reach the MARC Office before the deadline 4:00 p.m., August 28, 2013.
- Dr. M. A. Himaya, (318) 274-4464, Dept. of Math & Physics, Office Room 241A – A. C. Lewis Library; P.O. Box 569, Grambling, LA 71245; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. F. Ifeanyi, Head, Biology Dept. (318) 274-2348; email: email@example.com
- Dr. P. Sharma, Professor, Dept. of Math & Physics (318) 274-6138; email: firstname.lastname@example.org