Grambling High School
Grambling State University Laboratory High School’s philosophy is two-fold. The school’s duties extend beyond that of developing an educated citizenry, a purpose common to all high schools, to that of assisting Grambling State University in its endeavor to develop proficiency in teaching through pre-service training. In addition, the school’s philosophy is to facilitate educational research and experimentation.
- All students can learn.
- A positive school environment engenders students’ academic success and personal development.
- Teachers, staff, administrators, parents, students, and the community share in the responsibility for fulfilling the school’s mission.
- Clear goals and high expectations for student achievement guide the development of the curriculum and the design of instructional strategies and learning opportunities.
- Assessments of student learning should provide students with a variety of opportunities to demonstrate their achievement of the expectations for their learning.
- Students need to be actively involved in solving problems and producing quality work.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
The vision of the Grambling State University (GSU) Laboratory Schools is to achieve national recognition in the promotion of academic, artistic, and athletic excellence.
The mission of the Grambling State University (GSU) Laboratory Schools is to provide a quality education incorporating critical thinking skills, problems solving skills, and technological skills so that our students may live independent and successful lives in a global society.
Truth, Honor, Loyalty