Grambling Middle Magnet School
Statement of Mission, Purpose and Philosophy:
Grambling Middle School (GMS) is a unit under the administration of the College of Education at Grambling State University. GMS has a collaborative partnership with Grambling State University that supports the instructional focus of the school. Most of the colleges and departments within the university are committed to raising the academic level of the students and teachers through professional development workshops, assessments, and other special projects.
All stakeholders of Grambling Middle School will help all students achieve academic success.
Grambling State University Laboratory Schools’ Mission
The mission of the Grambling State University (GSU) Laboratory Schools is to produce an atmosphere of scholarship and experimentation, congruent with the missions of both the College of Education (COE) and Grambling State University.
School's Vision Statement
An atmosphere of academic success!
Grambling State University Laboratory Schools’ Vision
Grambling State University Laboratory Schools will assume leadership in the promotion of academic, artistic, and athletic excellence, such that the state of Louisiana will be nationally recognized.
Grambling Middle School Title I Parental Involvement Statement
All stakeholders of Grambling Middle School believe that effective parental involvement is vital to student success in academic achievement. Therefore, we are committed to providing high interest and quality opportunities for parents to become active partners in the education of their children in order to promote high student achievement and stronger home-school partnerships
- Stakeholders of Grambling Middle School believe that student learning is the chief priority for the school.
- Students’ learning needs should be the primary focus of all decisions impacting the work of the school.
- Students need not only demonstrate their understanding of essential knowledge and skills, but also need to be actively involved in problem solving and product of quality work.
- Schools need to function as a learning organization and promote opportunities for all those who have a stake in the success of the school to work together as a community of learners.
- Teachers, administrator, parents, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
GMS Behavioral Expectations
Go to school regularly and on time.
Motivate others to display behavior that is acceptable.
Strive to improve both education and socially.
P I will keep a Positive attitude.
R I am Responsible for my own actions.
I I am the key to my success.
D I will be Dependable and honest.
E I will strive for Excellence in everything I do.