Kinesiology, Sport and Leisure Studies Department Curriculum
Description of Leisure Studies Program
The Department of Kinesiology, Sport, and Leisure Studies offers the Bachelors of Science Degree in the major disciplines of Therapeutic Recreation and General Recreation. The program’s mission embraces the mission of the College of Education and Grambling State University“. The department ‘s mission entails a commitment to academic excellence, quality assurance, and accreditation of degree programs as well as preparation of competent skilled, professional s in Kinesiology and Leisure Studies at the undergraduate level,.
Since its inception in 1959 leisure studies has changed and expanded to meet the current standards of COAPRT, NCTRC with a diverse student population. In the Spring semester of 2012, The LSP faculty brought in a consultant to make r update the (LSP) curriculum to meet current guidelines.
Accreditation & Information
- Council on Accreditation of Parks, Recreation, Tourism and Related Professions (COAPRT)
- Charts and Statistical Information about the Leisure Studies Program
- Degree Mill Informational Video
Below is a list of brochures & forms related to Kinesiology, Sport, and Leisure Studies in Adobe PDF format, if you don't have adobe reader, please click here.
- General Recreation Concentration Curriculum Sheet
- Health Promotion Concentration Curriculum
- Kinesiology Pedagogy Concentration Curriculum
- Sport Management Concentration Curriculum
- Sport Administration Curriculum
- Therapeutic Recreation Concentration Curriculum Sheet