Please Read Carefully
AN APPLICANT FOR ADMISSION TO THE SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES (DEGREE SEEKING) MUST:
- Submit a completed application for graduate admission. All questions must be answered. Incomplete applications will be returned.
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Submit two (2) official transcript(s) of work completed at each accredited college or university attended including GSU. If work is in progress, a supplementary transcript must be sent at the end of the term. International applicants must submit official transcripts to WES (World Education Services) for course by course evaluation.
- Three recommendation forms to be sent directly from the sources (individuals who can attest to academic ability, critical thinking skills, communication skills, etc. Forms are available at www.gram.edu).
- Submit official results of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Applicants for the MPA degree can submit GRE or GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test). All scores must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS).
- Foreign students must submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign
Language (TOEFL) and an affidavit of sponsorship as well as the information
requested above. Applications for these tests are available from www.ets.org
- An application fee of $20.00 for first admission and $10.00 for re-admission (year or older application fee $20.00). International students will pay $30.00 for first admission. The application fee must be in the form of a money order or cashier check made payable to Grambling State University and must accompany the application at the time it is filed. PERSONAL CHECKS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE. DO NOT SEND CASH. The fee is not credited toward the matriculation fee if the applicant is not accepted, nor it is refunded in the event the applicant does not enroll.
Educational Testing Service
Princeton, NJ 08541-6000
Please submit official transcript of last degree held. Please note that test scores and recommendation forms are not required. Non-degree students may apply for a maximum of 15 hours to be counted towards a degree.
The application for admission to the School of Graduate Studies & Research and all supporting documents should be on file at least 60 days prior to registration. Late applications will be processed in due course. No guarantee can be made that these applications can be processed in time for registration.
Any admitted student not enrolled for one regular semester, excluding summer sessions, must apply for re-admission to the School of Graduate Studies. The re-admission application and other required documents must be submitted to the School of Graduate Studies. Items needed in order to be re-admitted include the following:
- Application for re-admission (completed and signed)
- $10.00 re-admission application fee (money order or cashier’s check made payable to Grambling State University; please note year or older application fee $20.00.
- Two (2) official copies of transcript from college(s) attended while absent from Grambling State University.
Please return completed application and requested documents to:
School of Graduate Studies & Research
Grambling State University
GSU Box 4239
Grambling, LA 71245
ALL RECORDS AND DOCUMENTS BECOME THE PROPERTY OF GRAMBLING STATE UNIVERSITY AND WILL NOT BE RETURNED.