GRAMBLING, LA – Dr. Frank G. Pogue, President of Grambling State University and Dr. Luke Robins, President of Louisiana Delta Community College came together this morning and signed a Memorandum of Agreement in a signing ceremony on Delta’s campus. The following staff personnel were witnesses to the signing: Grambling: Dr. Paul Bryant, Interim VP for Enrollment Management and Retention; Ms. Annie Moss, Director of Admissions and Taryn Jones, Transfer Analyst; Delta: Dr. Bill Graves, Vice Chancellor Financial Administration, Ms. Carey Steckney, Dean of Admissions.
The memorandum agreement will allow Delta students to transfer to Grambling upon completion of the required Developmental Courses. This agreement is aligned with the Board of Regents Master Plan. The terms are permanent beginning this Fall Semester 2011, but are subject to modification or termination.
Under this agreement Delta will:
- Admit students to Delta during the summer months who meet admissions requirements and who plan on transferring credits to GSU in the Fall semester once the required Developmental Courses are completed.
- Employ and provide, where necessary, qualified faculty to teach Developmental English, Math, and Reading Courses for transfer to GSU.
- Charge students the tuition and fee rate of Delta students.
- Provide an office space on the Delta campus for a GSU recruiter to engage students regularly who plan to transfer to GSU.
- Provide an opportunity for the GSU Army ROTC program to provide sections of MS 101 and MS101L to students at Delta who intend to transfer to GSU.
- Give GSU personnel access to students enrolled at Delta but who intend to transfer to GSU and have identified themselves as such.
- Refer all students who have applied for admissions to GSU and have one or more developmental requirements which must be met over the summer before they can be fully admitted to Delta.
- Work closely with Delta to schedule courses and to assist Delta in registering students for the specific courses offered by Delta for transfer to GSU.
- Provide a Transfer Analyst to be housed on the Delta campus on a weekly basis to recruit and facilitate a smooth transition for students who wish to transfer to GSU.
- Admit those Delta students who have successfully completed the developmental course sequence needed and who then meet GSU admissions standards; and notify Delta of such.
Group Shot (Dr. Bill Graves, Delta Vice Chancellor Finance Administration; Dr. Paul Bryant, GSU VP for Enrollment Management and Retention; Carey Steckney, Delta Dean of Admissions; Dr. Luke Robins, Delta’s Chancellor; Dr. Frank G. Pogue, GSU President; Annie Moss, GSU Director of Admissions; and Taryn Jones, GSU Transfer Analyst
# # #