GRAMBLING, LA—Officials from Grambling State University and Bossier Parish Community College (BPCC) today signed a partnership agreement that will enable students to pursue four-year degrees at Grambling State while completing developmental courses at BPCC. The BPCC@Grambling and Grambling@BPCC agreements will give BPCC a presence on the Grambling State campus and give Grambling State a presence in Bossier Parish.
Grambling State President Frank G. Pogue, Ph.D. and BPCC Chancellor Jim Henderson led signing ceremonies at both campuses. The partnership agreement stipulates that Grambling State University will:
- Work closely with BPCC to schedule the courses and register students for the specific sections at the University campus;
- Provide classroom space as well as office space for counseling with students for the conduct of the specified courses;
- Provide housing options (either University-owned or privatized) for BPCC@GSU students;
- Provide access to open computer labs to the students enrolled in the sections to allow for the use of supplemental learning resources via the Internet.
BPCC agrees to:
- Admit students to BPCC at Grambling State University.
- Employ and provide qualified faculty member/s to teach a designated number of sections of developmental mathematics, developmental English courses, and a mutually agreed upon set of core or other courses at Grambling. The remainder of the core or other courses required for completion of associate/certificate will be taught via internet and/or at the Bossier City location.<>/li
- Provide the University with an opportunity to review material, publications or media releases related to the subject of this agreement prior to any release of information.
The agreement also allows graduate students in criminal justice, public administration, and social work to take courses on the BPCC campus. Students will have access to classrooms, instructional support equipment, office space and meeting rooms.
In praising the pact, Dr. Pogue said, “This historic agreement creates access to higher education for a large number of students to pursue a degree and an opportunity for a better life. It creates an opportunity for Grambling State to offer access to higher education for students who need to take developmental or other courses prior to enrolling in a degree program.”
For additional information on this and other university events, contact Director of Public Relations, Grambling State University at 318-274-2560 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Public Relations
Grambling State University
GSU Box 4268
100 Robinson Street
Grambling, LA 71245
(318) 274-2560 Office