UPDATE (10:46am): KSLA-TV from Shreveport and KNOE-TV from West Monroe are on campus. They’ll be heading to the student union for the arrival of the spectator buses in about 20 minutes. They are rolling beyond West Monroe now. Please get the word out. Please help get a few folks to the union to welcome them back, with shakers, banners, black and gold.
Original Posting (9:30am)We have been informed a few minutes ago that our World Famed Tiger Marching Band will return to campus about 10 a.m., arriving at the Conrad Hutchinson Performing Arts Building near the Eddie G. Robinson Football Stadium. Band director Larry Pannell, assistant band directors and some band members will be available to talk about the educational experiences of participating in a presidential inauguration parade which was broadcast internationally and about a Sunday night appearance on CNN with anchors Anderson Cooper and Wolf Blitzer.
Two Grambling State University spectator buses with students, faculty and staff will return to campus a short while later, about 10:15 a.m. at the Favrot Student Union.
Please call ASAP if you’re interested in covering this story.
- The News Star, Monroe: GSU band returns from D.C.
- The News Star, Monroe: Grambling adds CNN appearance
- The News Star, Monroe: GSU president anticipates inauguration
- KNOE 8 News, Monroe: GSU Inauguration Watch Party (Video/Slideshow)
- KNOE 8 News, Monroe: GSU band marching in the nation’s capital (Video/Slideshow)
- WWLTV, New Orleans: Grambling marching band marches in inauguration parade
- WWL-TV, New Orleans: La., Miss. bands & military members participate in presidential inauguration
- KSLA 12, Shreveport: Grambling participates in inaugural parade
- MyArkLaMiss.com: GSU Marching Band Performs on CNN
- Ruston Daily Leader: GSU band gears up for presidential inauguration
- KTBS, Shreveport: Grambling State Marching Band Heads to Nation’s Capital
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education: Playing for the President, Grambling Marching Band to Return to Washington
- Cincinnati.com: Rep. Reece: “The dream is real.”