A host of activities is scheduled for the 37th State Farm Bayou Classic. NBC will televise the football game between the Grambling State University Tigers and the Southern University Jaguars at 1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 27.
GSU’s official headquarters hotel is the J.W. Marriott, New Orleans, 614 Canal St. Call (800) 771-9067 for reservations.
A list of scheduled events, times, dates and locations is as follows:
Monday, November 22
- Bayou Classic Press Conference, 10 a.m.-11 a.m., Nov. 22, Louisiana Superdome
Friday, November 26
- Super Job Fair, noon-5 p.m., Sheraton New Orleans, 500 Canal Street
- KaBOOM! Playground Build, 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Intercultural Charter School, 5316 Michoud Blvd. New Orleans, LA 70129
- Coaches Luncheon, noon-2 p.m., Sheraton New Orleans
- State Farm Bayou Classic College Fair, noon-5 p.m., Sheraton New Orleans
- Bayou Classic Super Job Fair, noon-5 p.m.; Sheraton New Orleans
- Corporate Reception presented by Adams and Reese LLP, 6 p.m.-8 p.m., Louisiana Superdome
- Battle of the Bands & Greek Show, 7 p.m.-10 p.m., Louisiana Superdome
Saturday, November 27
- Grambling University National Alumni Association (GUNAA) Breakfast, Hilton, Versailles Room. Tickets $20/each at Alumni House or at the door.
- Fan Festival, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Louisiana Superdome, Champions Square
- XXXVII State Farm Bayou Classic, 1 p.m.-5 p.m., Louisiana Superdome (Kick-off time is at 1 p.m. CST on NBC)
- Maze Concert, 9 p.m., New Orleans Convention Center, 900 Convention Center Blvd.
- Blues Concert featuring Mel Waiters hosted by Grambling University National Alumni Association (GUNAA), Hilton, Grand Ballroom, 9 p.m. Tickets $35/each or $350/table (10). Tickets available at the Alumni House or at the door.
- Smoove Pandemonium, the GSU After-Party Event featuring DJ Rah Smoov (The greatest DJ in the World) and a long list of VIPs, 9 p.m., J.W. Marriott’s Ile de France Ballroom.
Director of Public Relations
Grambling State University
GSU Box 4268
100 Robinson Street
Grambling, LA 71245
(318) 274-2560 Office