HIGH SCHOOL DAY 2012 INFORMATION
Grambling State University
High School Day
Saturday, November 03, 2012
Activities for the Day will include:
- Campus Tours
- Academic Departmental Preview
- Black Dynasty Modeling Troupe
- Greek Performances
- Performances by the World-Famed Marching Band and Nationally-Ranked Cheerleaders
- Meet Miss GSU/SGA President
- Grambling State vs. Jackson State football game
Registration fee is $35/person
2012 High School Day
6:30am – 9:30am Registration and Campus Tours – T.H Harris Auditorium
- Pre-Registered Participants – Pick up registration packets and go on campus tour.
- On-site Registrants – Lobby of auditorium (After registration, go on campus tour)
7:00am – 9:50am Academic Browsing – Fredrick C. Hobdy Assembly Center
- Following the campus tours, students will be dropped off at the Assembly Center for academic browsing.
10:00am High School Day Program – Frederick C. Hobdy Assembly Center
- World-famed Tiger Marching Band, GSU Award-winning Cheerleaders, and the Orchesis Dance Troupe will open the program.
2:00pm GSU vs JSU football game kick-off
Pre-registered packets will be distributed at T.H. Harris Auditorium until 9:30am. Afterwards the packets can be picked up at Hobdy Assembly Center until 1:00pm.
On-site registration will be conducted at T.H. Harris Auditorium (Lobby) until 9:30am.
High School Day Individual Parking
Individuals driving personal vehicles will be allowed free parking in front of Dunbar Hall (directly across from T. H. Harris Auditorium). A shuttle to the Assembly Center will be provided in 30-minute intervals.
If individuals would like to park closer to the assembly center, there will be a $10 parking fee.
High School Day Bus Parking
After the buses drop students off at the Assembly Center, free parking is available in the Old Wheatley Hall parking lot. The overflow for bus parking will be at the parking lot across from the St. Benedict Catholic Center. (Parking attendants will be available for directions).
Campus Tours (Starting point for campus tours is T.H. Harris Auditorium)
Campus tours will be conducted on the buses in which groups arrive. Please do not allow students to leave the buses. Chaperone(s) should depart the bus to pick up registration packets. Tour guides will board the bus and conduct the campus tour. Students will be dropped off at the Assembly Center after the campus tour for academic browsing.
Individual/family campus tours will be conducted on passenger vans on a first-come first-serve basis during registration hours.
You will be able to visit with our academic departments before the program and during the lunch period in the Assembly Center.
Click here for PDF.