Law Cites 8 CFR § 214.2(f)(3) “Admission of Spouse and Minor Children Of an F-1 Student
Admission of Spouse and Minor Children
The spouse and unmarried minor children (under age of 21) may accompany or later join the F-1 student in the United States.
Eligibility for F-2 Status
- Establish relationship to F-1 student
- Sufficient funds to cover expenses
- Will depart U.S. upon termination of completion of program of F-1 student
- In SEVIS each F- dependent is issued a Form I-20 in his/her name. The principal’s information is included on the Form I-20.
- F-2 Spouse may not engage in full-time study: May only enroll in courses that are “A-vocational or recreational” in nature.
- F-2 children may engage in full-time study at the K-12 level.