Information for Students
Career Services at Grambling State University exist to help you with three very important aspects of your life: (1) deciding upon and exploring your chosen career; (2) learning how to seek employment; and (3) arranging campus interviews and employer contacts to assist you in finding suitable employment. We invite you to use the services to the fullest so every important career and job search advantage will be yours.
Please check the following list to see that you are doing everything possible to enhance your career search.
- Attend Career Service Week to learn job search strategies and registration procedures for the Office of Career Services.
- Prepare a personal resume and application letters and learn how to interview by attending the workshops offered and exploring Career Services Web-site for job search information.
- Make an individual appointment with me.
- Work at it! Hunting for the right job takes a considerable effort.
Remember, “Success occurs when preparation meets opportunity!” Career Services can provide “preparation” for your job search and the “opportunity” to make contact with hundreds of employers through career days, on-campus interviews, resume referrals, etc. How successful can you be? Find out by registering with Career Services.
Q. When do I start looking for a job?
A. As soon as you set foot on Campus as a Freshman
- CLICK HERE TO POST YOUR RESUMES, RSVP INFORMATION SESSIONS AND WORKSHOPS , ACCESS THE CAREER SERVICES CALENDER, SIGN UP FOR ON-CAMPUS INTERVIEW S AND RECEIVE UP-TO EMAILS OF INTERNSHIP AND JOB POSTINGS
- NACE International Student Virtual Career Fair
- Evaluating a Job Offer
- Interviewers' Favorite Questions
- Questions to ask your interviewer
- Release/Registration Form
- Graduate Survey