INSURANCE WAIVER SUBMISSION DEADLINE
Beginning Date – You are not eligible to exempt until registration for that semester/session has begun.
Ending Date – 5 business days after registration begins.
Note: A new waiver form is required for each semester and summer session.
2014 SPRING SEMESTER DEADLINE –January 8, 2014
2014 SUMMER SESSION I DEADLINE – May 23, 2014
2014 SUMMER SESSION II DEADLINE – July 7, 2014
2014 FALL SEMESTER DEADLINE – August 15, 2014
Student Insurance Requirement
Due to the extremely high cost of health care in the United States and the importance of adequate health insurance coverage, the university requires all students admitted to have health insurance coverage throughout the school year as a condition of enrollment. These students will be enrolled in the college-endorsed Student Insurance Plan and the cost will be billed to their student account in four installments (fall, spring, summer session I, summer session II) UNLESS proof of other adequate health insurance coverage is furnished. Students who already have health insurance for the entire academic semester must submit a waiver request to opt out by the posted deadline each academic semester and the waiver request must be approved to avoid being enrolled in the Student Insurance Plan. It is the student's responsibility to verify whether or not the charge has been billed to your student account. If there is a billing error, you should contact the Student Accounts Coordinator immediately. Waiving the Student Insurance Plan does not affect eligibility for services at the Student Health Center.
Note: All F-1 & J-1 International students are automatically enrolled in the Student Insurance Plan. There are no exemption options due to certain minimum standards as determined by the Department of State.
Guidelines for Processing Insurance Waiver Form
- The insurance waiver form must be completed in its entirety.
- Submit the insurance waiver form, with a copy of proof of insurance and proof from your insurance carrier that coverage is accepted at the local hospital (NLMC) and area clinic (Green Clinic), to Foster-Johnson Health Center for approval in person only. Form sent by fax or mail will not be accepted. Keep a copy for your record.
- It is your responsibility to submit the insurance waiver form to Student Accounts Coordinator.
- It is your responsibility to verify whether or not the charge has been billed to your student account. If there is a billing error, you should contact the Student Accounts Coordinator immediately.
- For billing purposes, it is your responsibility to provide the insurance waiver and private health insurance coverage to outside medical facilities when receiving treatment to prove that you have elected to opt out of your student insurance plan.
Click here for insurance waiver form.