- Allergy Injections
(student supplies vaccine with permission and instructions from personal physician)
- Assessment and treatment of minor illness and injury
- Care and Referral For Orthopedic Sprains, Strains, Fractures
(recuperative items, crutches and heating pads, are available for loan)
(student supplies medication, documentation of previous injections, and a pap smear within the past year)
- Dipstick Urinalysis
- Free Condoms
- Free Over-The-Counter Medications
- General First-Aid
- Health Counseling
- Health Insurance Information
- HIV Testing
- Immunization Injections
- Meningitis (Menactra) - $115.00
- Minor Lab Tests (CLIA waived)
- Sutures/Staples Removal
- STD Clinic
- TB Skin Test (PPD) - $15.00
- Urine Pregnancy Test
- Weight and Blood Pressure Checks
- Wound Care
- Assessment of ears, nose, throat, eyes, skin
- Check vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure)
- Collect samples for laboratory test (such as urine and blood)
- Communicable diseases evaluation (chicken pox, mumps, measles, etc.)
- Respiratory check for allergies, asthma, bronchitis, cold, flu, sinus, etc.
Non-prescription medications are kept in stock at the health center and are available to the students. However, when the nurse practitioner writes a prescription, the student is responsible for purchasing the prescription from an area pharmacy of their choice.
All students enrolled at Grambling State University, who paid health insurance fees at the time of registration, are covered by a limited student insurance plan. Faculty/staff, with tuition exemption, are excluded from this plan. If the student's health insurance denies the claim, all payments are the responsibility of the student. Insurance brochures are available on the health center webpage under health plan.
Excuses will be issued for medical emergencies only. You should plan your non-emergency visits during your free period. When you report to the Health Center, it is assumed that you are not missing a class. No personal excuses for exams are given. See your class instructor.