Grambling State University Student Recruitment Video Contest
WHY DID YOU CHOOSE GSU?
Students, here's your chance to show your creative video skills and your #GramFam pride by entering the Student Recruitment Video Contest!
"My Top 5 Reasons for Choosing Grambling State University"
Your video may be chosen as an Official Recruitment video for GSU!
1ST PLACE: $2,000 SCHOLARSHIP
2ND PLACE: $750 SCHOLARSHIP
3RD PLACE: $100 SCHOLARSHIP
Contest Rules will be posted on www.gram.edu soon.
Contest Begins Friday, Nov. 18, 2016 and ends Friday, February 10, 2017
Student Recruitment Video Rules and Guidelines:
- ELIGIBILITY: Only currently enrolled Grambling State University (GSU) undergraduate students and graduate students are eligible to participate in the Student Recruitment Video Contest. YOU MUST BE IN BOTH GOOD ACADEMIC AND JUDICIAL STANDING WITH THE UNIVERSITY. GSU Faculty, staff, employees, contract employees and family members of GSU faculty, staff, employees and contract employees are not allowed to participate in the contest. The judges and judges’ family members are not allowed to participate in the contest or help contestants in any way.
- All entries must be a digital video.
- Each entry must focus on the theme “My Top 5 Reasons for Choosing Grambling State University.”
- Students may work together in groups or submit entries as individuals; however, each person must be a currently enrolled GSU undergraduate or graduate student.
- The length of the video should be between one (1) minute and three (3) minutes, not including the 10-second title screen (see #6).
- All entries should begin with a 10-second full-screen “title screen” that includes
the following information:
- Title of video
- Name of Lead Producer
- Crew list: Names of others in your group (if any) and each person’s job.
- Total running time (not including the 10-second title screen)
- You must submit a signed/completed Actor/Model Release Form for each person appearing in your video.
- All entries must be your own or your group’s original work and cannot have been previously published, submitted or have won awards.
- No copyrighted materials (music, images, etc.) may be used for this contest unless you own the copyright or have a license to use the material for this contest. Written permission must be obtained and provided upon request for all copyrighted materials.
- Each video must have one Lead Producer to serve as the main point of contact. Recognition and prizes will be given to the lead producer and all those (if any) listed as co-producers on the entry form.
- The online entry form must be completed when you upload your video for it to be eligible.
- There is no entry fee.
- Entries may be submitted online at www.gram.edu/mytop5 starting on November 15, 2016. The deadline for submissions is 5:00 pm (CT) on Friday, February 10, 2017. Winners will be announced no later than Friday, February 24, 2017.
- No professional assistance is allowed at any level.
- CONTENT: Content must 1) comply with all local and national laws of the country of origin and the United States, and 2) be in compliance with all guidelines outlined in the GSU code of conduct.
- CONTENT MUST NOT: 1) include or promote illegal behavior; 2) include or support racial, religious, sexual or other prejudice; 3) include or advocate sexual or violent exploitation; 4) violate rights established by law or agreement; 5) invade the privacy of any person; 6) contain any situations which expose any persons appearing in the video to physical injury; or 7) contain violence, nudity, obscenity, profanity, or be otherwise inappropriate nor show GSU in a way that could lead to public disrespect, shame, or ridicule as determined by the University.
- JUDGING: Eligible entries will be judged by a panel of judges. The judges’ decision is final.
The judges will select the winners based on:
- Representation of the theme, “My Top 5 Reasons for Choosing Grambling State University” - 30%
- Quality of camera work - 10%
- Editing – 10%
- Creativity - 20%
- Originality - 30%
- COMPENSATION: The only compensation for submitting a video is the opportunity to be awarded a prize if the entry wins. GSU WILL NOT PAY filmmakers any additional compensation nor be liable to the filmmaker under any circumstances.
- WINNER SELECTION/PRIZE AWARDING: On or about Tuesday, February 24, 2017, the winners will be notified by email. If any prize notification is returned as undeliverable after seven days, the prize will be forfeited entirely and an alternative winner will be chosen.
- Winners agree that receiving a prize grants GSU the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use in any media now known or later developed at any time, the winner’s/group’s, name, portrait, picture, voice(s), likeness, and biographical information for any purpose, including but not limited to, in advertisement, publicity, and other communications without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: $2,000 scholarship, awarded in the form of a check. Second place: $750.00 scholarship, awarded in the form of a check. Third place: $100.00 cash. Limit one prize per person/group submission. Prizes may not be awarded if no entry completely satisfies judging criteria.
- Students should keep at least one copy of their video. GSU is not responsible for any films that are lost, damaged, or that do not upload properly.
- All entrants agree to hold GSU and all GSU employees, and their agents harmless against any and all claims and/or liability.
- Entrants agree to be bound by the official contest rules, guidelines and decisions of the judges.
- All entries become the sole property of GSU. Upon submission, GSU obtains a non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, modify or make derivative works, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete, edit, or display such submission, or any portion thereof into perpetuity on any media known and unknown.
- GSU reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or other causes beyond the control of GSU. GSU RESERVES THE RIGHT TO and terminate, suspend, cancel or modify the Contest and award the prizes from among all eligible entries received as of the date of termination.
* The contest rules are subject to change without prior notice, if necessary, to keep University policies in compliance with State and Federal laws and/or with rules and regulations of the Board of Regents and The University of Louisiana System.