Distance Learning Video Conferencing
Save your travel budget and meet "face to face" at one of our web conferencing suite.
Conduct effective meetings, make presentations to clients, and meet new business prospects in distant cities without leaving campus. Web conferencing makes it possible. By eliminating travel time, you can conduct meetings, increase the impact and results of your presentation, and save on the costs of travel, lodging and entertainment.
Other benefits of videoconferencing include:
- Conduct several meetings in one day instead of traveling to attend just one
- Express your ideas clearly with slides and other visual aids
- Present graphs or other documents right on your laptop
- Record your conference for future viewing
- Collaborate with other universities to receive and delivery course offerings
Frequently Asked Questions
How many videoconferencing locations does Grambling State University’s Office of Distance Learning have?
We have 2 videoconferencing locations on the campus of Grambling State University.
What are the technical specifications for these systems?
Operating System: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows
Can I connect my laptop to display my presentation during my conference?
Yes. Each videoconference room has a standard VGA connection at the conference table that will enable you to connect your laptop.
How do I make a reservation for a videoconferencing room?
Reserving videoconferencing time is easy. Here's all you do:
- Complete online Room Reservation Form or contact the Office of Distance Learning at 318-274-6411
- Provide the date and time you wish to schedule, plus the locations with which you want to conference.
- The Programming Coordinator will arrange all details for you and provide you with a confirmation via email for your videoconference.
If I require additional time can I extend my conference?
Yes. You will need to call 318.274.6411 20 minutes prior to your conference scheduled end time to request additional time. The Office of Distance Learning will verify with the room schedule to confirm if time is available.