Notification Requirements for Benefits
"WHEN TO CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCES BENEFITS OFFICE…"
Contact the Office of Human Resources, 318-274-2237 immediately upon appointment to determine benefit eligibility and/or within 30 days if you face any of the following events: (failure to do so may result in medical questions and waiting periods)
- Dependent Newly Eligible for Insurance
- Birth of a Child
- Adoption of a Child
- Custody of a Dependent
- Dependent No Longer Eligible for Insurance
- Child Reaches Age 21 (age 24 if full-time student)
- Marriage of a Child
- Loss of Custody of Dependent
- Death of Dependent
- Name Change
- Change of Home or Mailing Address
- Change in Employment Status of You or Your Spouse (i.e. you drop below 75 percent effort)
- Change in Beneficiary
- Leave Without Pay (for more than one pay period)
- Sabbatical Leave
- Ending Your GSU Employment
Information contained in this booklet does not create any contractual rights for University employees beyond those rights already existing under individual contracts and under federal and state law.
Because the University is the initiator of change and is also subject to various external legal and regulatory forces requiring change, the information in this booklet will be revised as the University determines that conditions warrant.