Grambling State University - Employment
Head/Associate Professor, Department Sociology & Psychology
College of Arts and Sciences
A Ph.D. in Psychology with at least five (5) years of teaching experience at the university level, as well as; a record of scholarly contributions and effective interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (written and oral) are required. A record of scholarly contributions and achievement to warrant a faculty appointment at the rank of Associate Professor.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Manage the staff and faculty in the department in accordance with the policies and procedures of the University and the University of Louisiana System.
- Supervise the conduction of departmental programs to achieve the goals and mission of the University
- Review the departmental curricula and proposes changes as appropriate to maintain program viability
- Schedule courses and assign teaching responsibilities to the faculty in the department
- Participate in budget planning and manage allocated resources efficiently to achieve departmental and college goals
- Teach and make scholarly contributions to his/her discipline
- Maintain a minimum number of majors to insure the continuation of all programs in the department
- Create an environment in the department which fosters excellent teaching and outstanding research
- Attend all University and College faculty meetings, convocations, commencements, and official functions of the University
- Pursue external funding
- Complete all other tasks that may be assigned by the Dean or by the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
| TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary is competitive with excellent benefits package.
|Electronically submit (using MS Word) cover letter, resume/vita, three (3) letters of reference, and required applications to email@example.com. Official transcripts and Pre-employment Screening Forms (criminal Background Check Forms) should be submitted under separate cover via regular mail to:
Grambling State University
Office of Human Resources
GSU Box 4261
Grambling, LA 71245
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The Immigration and Control Act of 1986 requires the University to inform
applicants that we can employ only U. S. citizens and aliens lawfully
authorized to work in the U. S. Each new employee is required to present
documentation verifying his/her identity and right to accept employment.
Each finalist for a position is required to undergo a
pre-employment screening. An offer of employment is contingent upon completion
of the background check. GSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
that provides facilities accessible to the disabled. Persons needing reasonable
accommodations as provided by the ADA should contact Grambling’s
Office of Human Resources located in room #148 of Long Jones Hall or call
here for Application
Click here for Reference
Click here for Pre-Employment Screening Form