Grambling State University - Employment
Information Technology Center (ITC)
A BS degree in Computer Information Systems or a related area is required. An advanced degree and experience is desired in database programming, microcomputer applications and client server applications. The desired candidate must be able to communicate effectively with end-users both orally and in writing.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Develop and maintain software programs in a micro-computer and mainframe computer environment
- Develop and maintain academic and administrative reports by using query languages to develop departmental and institutional reports
- Provide technical support to ITC staff by the development of production and control manuals, policies and procedures manuals and training materials for the users
- Assist with coding, customizing and maintaining highly complex databases by developing interfaces to map existing files to new database applications
- Provide training seminars for faculty, staff, and students
- Other duties as assigned
Salary is competitive with excellent benefits package.
|Electronically submit (using MS Word) cover letter, resume/vita, three (3) letters of reference, and required applications to email@example.com. Official transcripts and Pre-employment Screening Forms (criminal Background Check Forms) should be submitted under separate cover via regular mail to:
Grambling State University
Office of Human Resources
GSU Box 4261
Grambling, LA 71245
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The Immigration and Control Act of 1986 requires the University to inform
applicants that we can employ only U. S. citizens and aliens lawfully
authorized to work in the U. S. Each new employee is required to present
documentation verifying his/her identity and right to accept employment.
Each finalist for a position is required to undergo a
pre-employment screening. An offer of employment is contingent upon completion
of the background check. GSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
that provides facilities accessible to the disabled. Persons needing reasonable
accommodations as provided by the ADA should contact Grambling’s
Office of Human Resources located in room #148 of Long Jones Hall or call
here for Application
Click here for Reference
Click here for Pre-Employment Screening Form