Grambling State University - Employment
Associate Professor of Nursing (2 positions)
School of Nursing
The candidate must possess a MSN degree and/or PhD in Nursing or equivalent, a minimum of two (2) years clinical experience, and a current Louisiana nursing license. A commitment to the academic achievement of a diverse student population. An excellent academic record and evidence of potential to make significant contributions to the field. A commitment to teaching and to the successful development of majors in the department.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Teach all courses assigned by the Associate Dean
- Support the philosophy, objective, and organizing framework of the nursing program
- Plan and implement appropriate teaching/learning activities
- Serve and provide assistance on all committees to which he/she is assigned
- Engage in scholarly work and to involve students in this work whenever feasible
- Assist with curriculum reviews and analysis at the department/college/university level
- Attend faculty meetings, convocations, and commencements, and to participate in other official University functions when requested
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Department Head, Dean of the College/School, or Provost
Salary is competitive with excellent benefits package.
|Electronically submit (using MS Word) cover letter, resume/vita, three (3) letters of reference, and required applications to email@example.com. Official transcripts and Pre-employment Screening Forms (Criminal Background Check Forms) should be submitted under separate cover via regular mail to:
Grambling State University
Office of Human Resources
GSU Box 4261
Grambling, LA 71245
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The Immigration and Control Act of 1986 requires the University to inform
applicants that we can employ only U. S. citizens and aliens lawfully
authorized to work in the U. S. Each new employee is required to present
documentation verifying his/her identity and right to accept employment.
Each finalist for a position is required to undergo a
pre-employment screening. An offer of employment is contingent upon completion
of the background check. GSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
that provides facilities accessible to the disabled. Persons needing reasonable
accommodations as provided by the ADA should contact Grambling’s
Office of Human Resources located in room #148 of Long Jones Hall or call
here for Application
Click here for Reference
Click here for Pre-Employment Screening Form