The standard grade point averages for honors are outlined:
- Honor Roll: A full-time student who makes a minimum 3.0 GPA will be placed on the honor roll for that semester.
- Dean’s List: A full-time student who makes a minimum 3.20 cumulative GPA will be placed on the Dean’s List.
- President’s List: A full-time student who makes a minimum 3.50 cumulative GPA will be placed on the President’s List.
|Honor Status||Cumulative GPA's|
|Cum Laude||3.50 - 3.69|
|Magna Cum Laude||3.70 - 3.89|
|Summa Cum Laude||3.90 - 4.00|
The GPA for all of the honor recognitions shall be the true cumulative GPA computed by utilizing all course grades earned. Please note the true cumulative GPA should be used for rankings, transcripts, and other purposes; the adjusted GPA may be used only for graduation purposes.
Students receiving their first associate degree may also receive special recognition for outstanding academic performance. The following conditions govern such recognition.
- Students must earn an average of 3.30 to 3.69 on all hours pursued for “Honors.”
- Students must earn an average of 3.70 or above for “Distinction.”
- Students must earn a total of 15 semester hours at Grambling State University.