Active Faculty in Current Geospatial Science Practice and Research
Dr. Yenumula Reddy
- B. Reddy., “Event-based Anomalies in Big Data”, ITNG 2017, Las Vegas, USA
- B. Reddy., “Latent Fingerprint Matching in Large Databases Using High Performance Computing”, IEEE, ICNC Feb 2016.
- B. Reddy., “Access Control Mechanisms in Big Data Processing”, IASTED, SEA, October 2015
- B. Reddy., “Document Identification with MapReduce Framework”, The Third International Conference on Data Analytics (DATA ANALYTICS 2014), August 24 - 28, 2014 - Rome, Italy
- Book chapter: “Cloud Environment on Cognitive Radio Network for Efficient Resource Allocation”, Advances in Ad Hoc Networks Research, Nova Science Publishers, Inc. June, 2014
- Book: one of the editor, “Research Cognitive Radio Technology Applications for Wireless and Mobile Ad Hoc Networks.”, IGI Global Publications, June 2013
- Book Chapter: “Nanocomputing in Cognitive Radio Networks to Improve the Performance”, in Research Cognitive Radio Technology Applications for Wireless and Mobile Ad hoc Networks, IGI Global Publications, June 2013
- Book Chapter: “Application of Game Models for Cognitive Radio Networks”, in Research Cognitive Radio Technology Applications for Wireless and Mobile Ad hoc Networks, IGI Global Publications, June 2013
- Associate Editor, ITNG 2009 – 2017: International Conference on Information Technology: New Generations, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- IEEE senior member
- ACM Senior member and life member
- IARIA Fellow, member, review committee member of IARIA Conferences and Journals
- Louisiana Academy of Sciences member, Chair computer Science
- ITNG program committee member and chair of Networking and wireless sensors symposium (2009 - current)
- Review committee member of High Performance computing, IEEE TVT and IEEE TVC
- Editor in chief of IJSPTM journal
- Editorial Board member of Journal BITM Transactions on EECC
- Gardner, Jeffery, Techniques for Secure Data Transfer, ITNG 2017
- Hawkins, Jalen, B. Sandars., Design and implementation of Basket Ball score Board, Louisiana Academy of Sciences 2016
- Jeffrey, Gardner, J. Clough, D. Williams, The cryptographic techniques using Python for secure transfer of Data, Louisiana Academy of Sciences 2016
- Hill, Desmond, Retrieving a Required Document Using Hadoop Technology, Louisiana Academy of Sciences 2016
- Desmond Hill., Retrieving required information from text files, University of Louisiana System (ULS) Undergraduate Research Symposium, Nicholls State University, March 2016
- Jalen Hawkins and Anthony Cherry, Implementation of the Map/Reduce framework using client server mode, GSU Undergraduate Symposium, March 2015
- B. Reddy and Desmond Hill., “Document Selection Using MapReduce”, IJSPTM, November, 2015.
Dr. Roshunda Belton
- Article in Peg Lamphier and Rosanne Welch, eds., Women in American History: A Social, Political, and Cultural Encyclopedia and Document Collection (ABC-CLIO, 2017): “Elizabeth Keckley”
- Article in Peg Lamphier and Rosanne Welch, eds., Women in American History: A Social, Political, and Cultural Encyclopedia and Document Collection (ABC-CLIO, 2017): “Mary Church Terrell.”
- Book review of Following Zwingli: Applying the Past in Reformation Zurich by Luca Baschera, Bruce Gordon, and Christan Moser, eds., for the Swiss American Historical Review (2016).
- Presentations-“Before There was Billy Graham and T.D. Jakes, There Was..: Eighteenth-Century Evangelicalism in Britain and America” presented at Historical Happenings Series, Lincoln Parish Library, Ruston, May, 2013. The presentation looks at the history of early American evangelicalism and its relationship to English evangelicalism.
- “The Great Awakening: A Reflection of the European Enlightenment” presented at the British Scholar Annual Conference, Austin, TX, 2013. Paper treats the liberal roots of the First Great Awakening and argues that the First Great Awakening complimented the European Enlightenment.
- Southwestern Social Science Association, The British Scholar Society, Phi Alpha Theta
Mrs. Christiana Asante-Ashong
Text Book Reviews
- Rubenstein; The Cultural Landscape 11 edition (2014), Pearson Education
- Fouberg/Moseley; World Regional Geography (2013) John Wiley & Sons Publisher
- Fellmann et. Al; Human Geography (2013) McGraw-Hill
Membership in Professional Organizations
- Member of Association of American Geographers, Ghana Geographical Association, Ghana National Association of Teachers,
Dr. Bassidy Dembele
- Dembele.; A. Friedman.; A.A. Yakubu.: Mathematical model for testing the effectiveness of sulfadoxine pyrimethane as temporary malaria vaccine. Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, May 2010.
- Dembele.; A. A. Yakubu.: Controlling imported malaria cases in The United States of America, MATHEMATICAL BIOSCIENCES AND ENGINEERING, Volume 14, Number 1, February 2017
- B. Dembele.; A.A. yakubu.: Optimal treated mosquito bed nets and insecticides for eradication of malaria in Missira, DCDS-B Vol. 17, no.. 6, September 2012.
- Dembele.; A. Friedman.; A.A. Yakubu.: Malaria model with periodic birth and death rates. Journal of Biological Dynamics, July 2009.
- Membership in professional societies & accreditation agencies
- Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science (DIMACS), 2009-Present
- Louisiana Academy of Sciences, Chair of the Mathematics and Statistics Section, 2015-Present
- Proposal submitted 2016: Traditional Enhancement Proposal, Louisiana Board of Regents, Pending - The main objectives of this project are to expose students to techniques of modeling the spread of infectious diseases and develop manuals to improve student mathematical skills.
Dr. Matthew Sheptoski
Peer Reviewed Articles
- Framing Negotiations and Negotiating Frame: The Case of Vendors and Security Personnel at Grateful Dead Concerts. Sociation today. fall/winter 2016. Web. 14 issue 2.
- Ideology or Insanity? Media Portrayal of Ted Kaczynski and Timothy McVeigh. Sociation today spring/summer 2016. Web. 14 issue 1.
Professional Presentations (since 2013)
- Atticus Finch: The Man We Need; the Man We Have. Southwestern Social Science Association, 4/2017. - Abstract
- What Cost Survival? Distortion of Self in Dysfunctional Institutions. Southern Sociological Society, 4/16/2016.
- Pi Gamma Mu--International Honor Society in Social Sciences (10/2014-present)
- Southern Sociological Society (2/2015-present)
- Mid-South Sociological Society (11/2014-present)
Undergraduate Research Symposium- Grambling State University, March 2016:
- De’Vaughn Madise, Dumb Jocks? Stereotype vs. Reality
- Kennedi Hildreth, For Black Girls Only? GSU Student Perceptions of Cultural Appropriation
- La’Ija Grace, Medical Labels and Social Control: The Case of African American Children and ADHD
- Janice Tucker, Merton and Me: Strain Theory Applied to One Chicago Neighborhood
- Jack Ocweija , It’s All About Me! Instagram Use and Narcisissim, (Chosen to represent GSU at the ULS Academic Summit, April 14-15, 2016)
- Psychology and Sociology Club, Faculty Advisor (2014-present)
Dr. Jaruwan Mesit
- "Securely Create Public Keys and Private Keys for Sensor Networks” (Short Paper), Wireless and Mobile Networking Conference 2015, October 5 -7, 2015, Germany.
- "Secured Node-to-Node Key Agreement for Wireless Sensor Networks”, International Conference on Information Networking 2015, January 12-15, 2015, Cambodia.
Sponsor of Student Organizations
- Association for Computing Machinery Club
Dr. Prasanthi Sreekumari
- "Transport Protocols for Data Center Networks: A Survey of Issues, Solutions and Challenges”, Journal of Photonic Network Communications, SCI, 2016.
- "An Early Congestion Feedback and Rate Adjustment Schemes for Many-to-One Communication in Cloud-Based Data Center Networks”, Journal of Photonic Network Communications, Springer, SCI, 2016.
- "A Simple and Efficient Approach for Reducing TCP Timeouts Due to Lack of Duplicate Acknowledgments in Data Center Networks” , Journal of Cluster Computing, Spring, SCI (E ), 2016.
- Design and Implementation of a Comprehensive Student Records Management System using Java and Oracle. Jamal Washington, Nunsett Arlanda, Thomas Dominique, Antee Jonathan. Summer 2016
- RecoverIT Mobile Application, Jullone Burnette, Alickson Alexander, Amila DeSilva. Summer 2016
- The Korean Institute of Communication and Information Sciences
Dr. Frances Staten
- Globalization and Spread of Human Rights: The Case of the Ebola Spread, Akoma, Staten, Nwoha and Nabangi. Paper presented at the 41st Annual Conference of The Mid-South Sociological Association, Lafayette, LA, 2015.
- Revisiting a Senior Informant of Grambling’s Longevity Project: Mr. Lugene Davis, Jr. (1993 –
- 2004), Grambling State University’s Social Research Club Alumni. Paper presented at The 79th Annual Conference of The Association of Social and Behavioral Scientists, Inc. Atlanta, GA. 2014.
- Transforming the Social and Behavioral Sciences: Impacting Human Rights, Cultural
- Anthropology and Introduction to Sociology Class, Social Research Club and Pi Gamma Mu International Honor Society in Social Sciences. Paper presented at The 79th Annual Conference of The Association of Social and Behavioral Scientists, Inc., Atlanta, GA. 2014.
- Professional affiliations- Association of Gerontology & Human Development, Association of Social and Behavioral Scientists, Mid-South Sociological Association, Southern Sociological Association, Rural Sociological Association
- Impacts of Climate Change on College Students: A Visual Review and Case Studies, Cultural
- Anthropology Class. Paper presented at the 4th Annual HBCU Student Climate Change Conference, New Orleans, LA 2016 (Mentor)
- Power Shift, Chasity Perry, 2016
- Lessons from Civil Rights Films (The Ruby Bridges Story, standing on My Sisters’ Shoulders, Selma, The Untold Story of Emmett Louis Till) Intergenerational Round Table Discussion,
- Participants of the Black Empowerment Apprenticeship Program – Pi Gamma Mu International Honor Society and the Northern Civil Right Coalition of Louisiana. Conducted at The 5th National Civil Rights Conference, Meridian, MS, 2015.
- Social, Economic and Psychological Impact of Climate Change: An Exploratory Study, Cultural
- Anthropology and Introduction to Sociology Class, Social Research Club and Pi Gamma Mu International Honor Society in Social Sciences. Paper presented at the 41st Annual Conference of the Mid-South Sociological Association, Lafayette, LA, 2015.
Sponsor of Student Organizations
- Staten’s work with student organizations is documented in 3 articles published in the Grambling State University Student Newspaper
- Social Research Club, Faculty Advisor
- Pi Gamma Mu International Honor Society in social Sciences, Faculty Advisor and Governor - Annual Report 2015/2016
- BEAP Advisor
Dr. Russell Willis
Dr. Willis is responsible for placing Sociology students in practicum experiences. As a result Dr. Willis maintains a good working relationship with local agencies. Listed below are some of these agencies.
- KEDM Public Radio - KEDM is the listener-supported public radio station for Monroe, West Monroe, and all or parts of eleven parishes of northeast Louisiana and four counties in southeast Arkansas.
- DART - The Domestic Abuse Resistance Team (DART) is a non-profit organization serving the residents of Northeast Louisiana.
- Pine Hills Advocacy Center - The Pine Hills Advocacy Center houses special programs of the Third Judicial District Attorney's Office. These programs include The Sexual Assault Center (SAC) and The Child Advocacy Center (CAC). These programs are to assist survivors of sexual and violent crimes and their families and to lessen the trauma for child victims of sexual and sever abuse. At the Child Advocacy Center, specially trained forensic interviewers, law enforcement, child protection services, mental health professionals and medical personnel from Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) to make decisions about investigation, medical exams, treatment and prosecution.
- Third District Truancy Assessment Service Center
- Boy and Girls Club of North Central Louisiana
- Ruston Rotary Club
- Louisiana Commission on HIV, AIDS, and Hepatitis C - Appointed to this Commission by Louisiana’s Governors for the past 16 years.
- Decennial Census - Since the year 2000 -served as a local enumerator for the census.