- December 2012 staff picture.
- The nomination of Ms. Mariane Hall for the 2012 Louisiana outstanding academic librarian award.
- The hours of operation for the Library from May 10 – 14, 2010 and May 17, 2010 are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Library will be closed on May 8 – 9, 2010 and May 15 – 16, 2010.
- A.C. Lewis Memorial Library will celebrate National Library Week 2010 (April 11-17) with the theme "Communities thrive @ your library." The schedule of activities is as follows:
Monday, April 12, 2010
- Proclamation declaring National Library Week
- Library displays (wall of fame for library staff, and Grambling State University faculty publications)
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
- National Library Worker's Appreciation Day
- T-shirt day
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
- Book review/signing by local authors in the library lobby, 10:00 a.m. – Noon (Dr. Martin Ayim, Mac Arthur Billings, and Mr. Payne)
Thursday, April 15, 2010
- Poetry reading in the library lobby, 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Friday, April 16, 2010
- Free Fine Friday
- Library Staff Luncheon
Library hours of operation during Spring Break are as follows:
March 27-28, 2010
March 29, 2010 – April 1, 2010
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
April 2-5, 2010
- Dr. Wynetta Y. Lee, Dean of College of Education at Grambling State University donated a copy of the 3rd edition of a recent book she edited to the A.C. Lewis Memorial Library on Tuesday, March 16, 2010. The book titled, “Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education” published in 2010 by Learning Solutions was handed to Mr. Felix Unaeze, Director of the Library Services. Mr. Unaeze thanked Dr. Lee for her donation while accepting the book on behalf of the library.
- Dr. Aderemi Kuku, Professor of Mathematics at Grambling State University donated a copy of his latest book to A.C. Lewis Memorial Library on Monday, February 22, 2010. The book titled, “Representation Theory and Higher Algebraic K- Theory” published in 2007 by Chapman and Hall/CRC, NY was handed to Mr. Felix Unaeze, Director of the Library. While accepting the book on behalf the library, Mr. Unaeze thanked Dr. Kuku for his donation and high academic achievement.
- The library will celebrate Black History Month by showing
movies in Room 201 on Tuesday February 9, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. & 2:00
p.m. (A Woman Called Moses) and on Thursday, February 11, 2010 at 10:00
a.m. & 2:00 p.m. (Amistad).
- A library staff meeting with representatives from the Louisiana Recreation
& Park Association was held on Monday, January 25, 2010 at 3:00 p.m.
in the library staff lounge.
- Christmas Holidays
Library will be closed for Christmas Holidays from December 19, 2009 through January 3, 2010.
- Reception for the Director of the Library
There is a reception in honor of new Library Director Mr. Felix Unaeze on Friday, December 4, 2009 at 4:00 p.m. in Room 221 of the A.C. Lewis Memorial Library.
- Thanksgiving Break
For the Thanksgiving Break, Library will close at 12:00 noon on Wednesday November 25 and reopen at 7:30 a.m. on Monday morning November 30.
- Current Print Periodicals
Library has moved its current print periodicals collection to room 118. The room has a seating capacity of 18. Students and faculty are encouraged to visit the newly arranged current print periodicals room. Also, library is reorganizing its bound periodicals collection.
- Afro-American Center
Library is merging and reorganizing collection in the Afro-American Center.
- Grant Proposal
Library submitted a grant proposal to Board of Regents in the amount of $345,029.55.
- New Director of Library Services
Felix E. Unaeze joined as Director of Library Services of A.C. Lewis Memorial Library on September 1, 2009.
Congratulations to Rhonda Rolen, Serials Librarian for Electronic Resources and Anil Deshpande, Serials Librarian for Print Resources on receiving tenure.
© A.C. Lewis Memorial Library
P.O. Box 4256, 403 Main Street, Grambling, LA 71245-2761, Phone: 318-274-3354, Fax: 318-274-3268