Fall 2020 Housing Full Before Priority Deadline

We are excited that you have chosen to begin or continue your higher education experience at Grambling State University for the Fall semester of 2020. Due to higher than normal student attendance volume, all housing for new and transfer female students and for all upperclassmen has been filled prior to the listed July 1 Priority Deadline. We understand that on-campus living is a unique part of the collegiate experience and the Office of Campus Living and Housing strives to provide a safe and comfortable living environment where students can focus on their studies; that’s why we are committed to keeping our students informed of upcoming opportunities to access university provided housing.  

Incoming freshman and new transfer male students can continue to follow the housing application protocol.  
The only university provided housing options currently available are as follows:  Wheatley Hall (double occupancy) and Holland Hall (Holland Hall is a co-ed apartment style honors hall for incoming freshmen and transfer students with a minimum 3.25 GPA). Click HERE for steps to complete your application now, spaces are limited. Find residence hall requirements HERE. See room rates HERE.  

I am an incoming freshman/new transfer female student who has submitted a housing application and paid my deposit for Fall 2020 housing. What should I do next?  
Female students who have completed the application and paid their deposit will be contacted by a staff member should housing become available via phone in the order in which the application was received.  

I am an incoming freshman/new transfer female student who has not completed the Fall 2020 Housing Application. What should I do next? Due to higher than normal student attendance volume, The Office of Campus Living and Housing is currently at max occupancy within the incoming freshman/transfer female residence halls. Once the housing application re-opens, students will be notified via email and given further instructions. 

I am an upperclassman student, who hasn’t applied for housing yet or I have applied but haven’t had the option to select a room online. How do I get university provided housing for Fall 2020? 

When additional housing is available, all students will be notified via phone with instructions on securing university-provided housing for Fall 2020. 

Can I move to CEV using financial aid?  

Yes, if the move is within one of our university approved housing units assigned by Campus Living and Housing. However, if you enter a CEV lease without university approval, you will be responsible for the cost of rent and utilities. Financial aid does not cover the cost of this off-campus living option.  

Can I move off campus? Those students who can secure off-campus housing may complete the “Off Campus Exemption Form” under the “My Housing” tab in banner. Make sure that all supporting documents are attached to your application to expedite your approval. 

In order to be contacted about housing availability, please ensure your correct email address, cell phone number, address, and emergency contact information in BannerWeb. This is the contact information that will be used to reach you concerning your housing and other University outreach. 

Check your student email 

The University will always contact you here first! Get into the habit of checking your GSU email daily.  

Still have Questions about your housing?   
Log into BannerWeb and click the “My Housing” tab to:  

  • Check your housing status,  
  • Complete a housing application (if applicable),  
  • Complete Housing Payment ($200 application fee; if applicable),   
  • Select a room (if applicable),  
  • Complete an off-campus approval form (if applicable)  

If needed, contact the office of Campus Living and Housing at gsuhousing@gram.edu to clear up any remaining questions about your Housing status.