Grambling University Foundation Board of Directors Call for Applications
The Nominating Committee of the Grambling University Foundation, Inc. is now accepting
applications for candidates to fill open seats for three-year terms beginning January
1, 2019. New members will be appointed by the full Board of Directors at its meeting
in October 2018.
The role of the Grambling University Foundation Nominating Committee is to evaluate
all of the nominations received. The Nominating Committee considers many factors when
evaluating a possible new member. These include the following characteristics and
experience as they relate to each candidate:
- Community Involvement
- Financial Experience
- Fundraising Experience
- Media/Public Relations Experience
- Philanthropic Experience
- Governmental Involvement
The Nominating Committee also considers the following as they relate to the overall
composition of the board:
- Diversity of the Board
- Regional/Geographic Representation of the Board
- Other Factors relevant to University Strategic Initiatives
The Committee seeks recommendations for candidates who are able and willing to assume
the responsibilities of a board member including the following:
- Maintain knowledge of Grambling State University’s mission, programs, resources, and
- Prepare for and participate in all board meetings/teleconferences in order to make
informed, independent, and objective decisions.
- Review and approve the Foundation’s annual investment goals, operating budget, and
- Understand that an individual board member can bind the board or Foundation only when
authorized to do so and publicly support the majority decision of the board.
- Participate actively in the fundraising programs of the Foundation by providing personal
financial support of the University through both the Annual Fund and any major fundraising
- Assist in the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of donors as requested
and maintain confidentiality of donor information.
- Serve as an effective university spokesperson in the community.
- Serve on board committees as requested.
- Serve as a representative of the Grambling University Foundation at University events.
- Execute and update a “Conflict of Interest Statement” each year.
The deadline for receipt of applications is August 31, 2018.