UPDATED: December 1, 2020 – University Issues Mandatory Travel Restrictions for COVID-19 Prevention
The health and safety of our students, staff, and community are of utmost concern to Grambling State University. For this reason, the University is immediately implementing a campus-wide Travel Mandate through January 31, 2020 with the following mandatory tenets:
University-wide Travel Mandates
- All university-sponsored international and domestic travel is hereby prohibited;
- Personal international travel is strongly discouraged by the CDC and Grambling State;
- Effective immediately, the University requests student and staff to disclose travel plans, both international and domestic, through the GSU Registry of Personal Travel Form (find link in your Grambling State University email.)
International Travel Regulations
- Grambling State strongly urges extreme caution and judgment for your personal international travel; should students or staff choose to engage in personal international travel, these persons will be required to complete a GSU Confidential Health Form (find link in your Grambling State University email) and self-isolate until receiving further guidance from University Health Services.
Regulations for Inbound Travel and Visitors to Campus
- Anyone, including University affiliates and invited guests, who arrives on campus having visited or traveled through a location with a CDC levels 1-3 travel warning and areas of high-concentration for COVID-19, must complete a GSU Confidential Health Form (find link in your Grambling State University email) and self-isolate until receiving further guidance from University Health Services. Visit the CDC website for current information on travel warnings and high-risk destinations.
Please keep in mind that your travel choices can have urgent impact on those you come in contact with upon arrival and return to Grambling State and other destinations.
Further information on the University’s COVID-19 Prevention and Response efforts are forthcoming. Follow @grambling1901 and check your email regularly for updates.