How to Apply
You may submit an online application by clicking Apply Online. Online applications are accepted until the published priority deadlines for each semester. Online applications are accepted until the published priority deadlines for each semester. To be certain you are completing the appropriate application, please visit our student criteria page before beginning an online application.
- Please Note: Applicants with Certificate of Achievement diplomas and General Equivalency Diplomas (GED) are not eligible for admission to Grambling; however, we can assist you with a referral where you can complete the requirements to be admitted to Grambling State University.
The following credentials must be received in the Office of Admissions and Recruitment by the published priority deadlines for fall, spring, or summer:
- Application for Admission
- Non-refundable $20 application fee. Application fee waivers are not allowed. Application fees can be paid:
- Online when submitting the web application.
- By mail with a money order or check.
- By credit card by calling (318) 274-2617 or 274-6253.
- ACT or SAT scores. Test scores are required of all freshman students. Scores may be faxed to 318-274-3292.
- GSU Test Codes:
- Official High School Transcript (New Freshman Applicants) - Please Note: Transcripts can be faxed to 318-274-3292.
- Louisiana Applicants: We will request your final high school transcript from the Board of Regents and the Louisiana Department of Education’s Student Transcript System (STS). It will not be necessary to have final transcripts sent to Grambling State University from your high school, unless you graduated before 2004.
- Out-of-State Applicants: must submit an official, sixth or seventh semester transcript that indicates a minimum cumulative, un-weighted GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. The final transcript must be mailed to us immediately after graduation.
- All New Freshman Applicants: We must determine if you are on the required core curriculum. If your current classes
are not on your transcript, you must fax your 12th grade class schedule along with
- Official College Transcript (Transfer Applicants) - Please Note: Transcripts cannot be faxed.
- Submit official transcript(s) from all regionally accredited institutions you have
attended (even if the credits appear on another transcript).
- Proof of Immunization/TB Questionnaire (Mandatory)
All students are required to submit a Medical History/Proof of Immunization form and TB Questionnaire to our Health Center before they can begin the registration process. To download the required forms, please click the Medical Forms and Policies link. You may mail or fax the completed forms. Mail proof of immunization and forms to 403 Main Street; P.O. Box 4251, Grambling, LA 71245 or fax documents to (318) 274-2481.
- Application Priority Deadlines
- Fall Semester – June 1st
- Spring Semester – December 1st
- Summer Sessions – May 1st
Note: If student does not enroll for the semester applied, written notification to change to the next semester must be received. The application fee and credentials can only be applied to the subsequent semester of the initial application.
RIGHT TO APPEAL
Any prospective new student who is denied admission to Grambling State University has the right to appeal the decision by writing to the Admissions Appeal Committee – 403 Main Street, Box 4200 - Grambling, LA 71245.
New Freshman Applicants: A letter of appeal from the applicant and two (2) letters of recommendation from the principal, teacher or counselor must be submitted to the Admissions Appeal Committee. The prospective student will be notified of the decision by regular mail or email.
Transfer Applicants: A letter of appeal from the applicant describing special circumstances which contributed to student’s inability to meet the admission criteria, and two (2) letters of recommendation from an official at the school previously attended must be submitted to the Admissions Appeal Committee. The prospective student will be notified of the decision by regular mail or email.
All decisions of the Admissions Appeal Committee are final.
- Medical History/Immunization Form/TB Questionnaire
- Notice of ACT Residual Test Guidelines
- Additional Admissions Documents and Forms