A degree-seeking applicant for admission to the School of Graduate Studies must:
- Submit a completed application for graduate admission. All questions must be answered. Incomplete applications will be returned.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Submit two (2) official transcript(s) of work completed at each accredited college or university attended, including GSU. If work is in progress, a supplementary transcript must be sent at the end of the term. International applicants must submit official transcripts to World Education Services (WES) for course-by-course evaluation.
- Have three completed recommendation forms sent directly from the sources: Individuals who can attest to academic ability, critical thinking skills, communication skills, etc.
- Submit official results of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Applicants for the MPA degree can submit GRE or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores. All scores must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS).
- Foreign students must submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and an affidavit of sponsorship in addition to the information requested above. Applications for these tests are available from www.ets.org or:
Educational Testing Service
Princeton, NJ 08541-6000
- An application fee of $20.00 for first admission and $10.00 for re-admission (year or older application fee: $20.00). International students must remit $30.00 for first admission.
The application fee must be in the form of a money order or cashier’s check made payable to Grambling State University and must accompany the application at the time it is filed.
PERSONAL CHECKS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE. DO NOT SEND CASH. The fee is neither credited toward the matriculation fee if the applicant is not accepted, nor is it refunded if the applicant does not enroll.
Test scores and recommendation forms are not required for non-degree students; however, an official transcript of the last degree awarded must be submitted. Non-degree students may apply for a maximum of 15 hours to be counted towards a degree.
The application for admission to the School of Graduate Studies & Research and all supporting documents should be on file at least 60 days prior to registration. Late applications will be processed in due course. No guarantee can be made that these applications will be processed in time for registration.
Any admitted student not enrolled for one regular semester, excluding summer sessions, must apply for re-admission to the School of Graduate Studies. The following documents must be submitted to the School:
- Application for re-admission (completed and signed)
- $10.00 re-admission application fee (money order or cashier’s check, made payable to Grambling State University (Year or older application fee: $20.00);
- Two (2) official copies of transcript from college(s) attended while absent from Grambling State University.
Please return completed application and requested documents to:
School of Graduate Studies & Research
Grambling State University
GSU Box 4239
Grambling, LA 71245
ALL RECORDS AND DOCUMENTS BECOME THE PROPERTY OF GRAMBLING STATE UNIVERSITY AND WILL NOT BE RETURNED.