United Way Giving Campaign
THE UNITED WAY CAMPAIGN 2015
October 19, 2015
November 6, 2015
* Pledge Cards may be turned in to your Team Leader or taken directly to the Cashiers Window in Long Jones Hall by November 6th. The Closing Ceremony will be Wednesday, November 17th in the Eddie G. Robinson Museum.
The GSU Tradition Continues!
Grambling State University has a long history of being a community leader in giving. Thanks to the generous support of faculty, staff and students, community senior citizens received a warm meal, a child received a much needed mentor, and a family member is getting assistance to make it through a crisis.
These and many other moments are only possible due to caring individuals throughout the community who participate in the annual United Way Campaign each fall.
At Grambling State University, this campaign effort offers several ways to give:
- Payroll Deductions. Payroll deductions are for the purpose of breaking the donation into payments over an extended period of time. Payroll deductions for United Way campaign contributions will begin January 2016 and will be taken out monthly up through December, or as specified.
- One-time donation. If you would like to make a lump-sum donation, please write a personal check made out to United Way of Northeast Louisiana and submit it with your pledge card. Cash should be taken to the Cashier’s window in Long-Jones Hall, along with your pledge card.
- Those wishing to pay monthly by payroll deduction may check that option on the pledge card.
- Another option is to volunteer. Several of the Community Partners have a need for volunteers throughout the year. For more information on how you can volunteer, contact Dr. Rory Bedford, the Director of Service Learning at extension 2547.
Pledge Cards may be turned in to your Team Leader or taken to the GSU Human Resources Office on or before the deadline of November 6th.
View the 2015 United Way of Northeast Louisiana Campaign Video to see the many ways United Way helps those in need in our community!
For questions, or further assistance, please contact your Team Leaders. The Team
Leaders are by Department and Division and on the attached spreadsheet.
Thanks for all that YOU do to help our community to LIVE UNITED!
See below an article on the Facebook page for United Way Grambling State University Kickoff Giving Campaign Tour
As part of their 2015 United Way Campaign Kickoff, faculty and administrators from Grambling State University teamed up earlier today to tour and hear presentations from United Way of Northeast Louisiana Partner Agencies to learn more about our work in the community.
Following tours, which included the NELA Sickle Cell Anemia Foundation, MedCamps of Louisiana, Inc, the Family Counseling Center at the Louisiana Methodist Children's Home, Boys and Girls Clubs NCLA, D.A.R.T., and the The Food Bank of Northeast Louisiana, the group reconvened on campus for a United Way Lunch & Learn to discuss how to #GIVE, #ADVOCATE, #VOLUNTEER and share these opportunities with their colleagues over the next few weeks. THANK YOU, Grambling, for playing a critical role in helping people and improving our community! #LIVEUNITED
*Payroll Deductions Are Available