International Graduate Student Admission

An international applicant must submit all college and university records 60 days prior to the semester of planned enrollment. The international applicant to the Office of Graduate Studies must have his/her credentials evaluated through World Education Services (WES). All international applicants are advised of the following information:

  • Applicants are responsible for paying the $150 fee (US) directly to WES.
  • Applicants should select the “Comprehensive Course by Course Report” on the WES application.
  • Applicants must identify the Grambling State University School of Graduate Studies and Research as the recipient of the completed WES report.

Grambling State University
Office of Graduate Studies
GSU Box 4239
Grambling, LA 71245

To access a WES credential evaluation application, please visit the web site at The application is available in both the on-line and PDF downloadable formats. To obtain specific submission instructions and to determine which documents to submit for evaluation, click on the “Required Documents” link on the WES web site and find the appropriate country in the drop-down box. After locating the country, click on “View.” Please contact World Education Services directly via e-mail or phone for answers to any questions about the credential evaluation process.

In addition to the application materials listed above for graduate admission, international applicants must submit the following before acceptance into a Graduate School program can be determined:

  • A completed graduate application form and the $30 (US) application fee,
  • An affidavit of financial support,
  • Confidential health and physical examination form completed by a medical doctor, and
  • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score for applicants from non-English speaking countries (500 paper/173 computer/61 internet).

An Affidavit of Support must be on file before admission can be granted and a Form I-20 issued. This requirement must be met even if the student completed the requirements for the undergraduate degree in the United States. The Office of Graduate Studies will not admit any individual who has entered the United States on an I-20 issued by another institution.

Please Contact:
Center for International Affairs & Programs (CIAP)
Grambling State University
Post Office Drawer 1188
Grambling, LA 71245
(318) 274-7798