2021 Virtual Summer Data Analysis Program
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Grambling State University Data Analysis Program (GSU-DAP) is a virtual summer program for upcoming high school seniors. Students learn about hot careers in data analysis while earning college credit! All activities for this program will be completed virtually.
Students in this program will be required to:
- Participate in all virtual scheduled activities Monday-Thursday from 9am-3PM CST
- Have internet access and virtual learning tools such as a computer, laptop, or tablet
- Complete a 3 credit hour college course, DA 101: Intro to Data Analytics (credits are transferable to other colleges)
- Complete IBM badge training programs
- Compete in a data analysis project competition against other program participants. Prize awarded for 1st place winner.
Grambling State University Data Analysis Program (GSU-DAP) is a five-week session that will take place June 28, 2021-July 30, 2021 from 9am-3pm CST.
COURSES AND CURRICULUM
All Program participants will be required to take a college course, DA 101: Intro to Data Analytics. Because of this, students that pass this pre-screening form will also have to complete an application to be admitted into Grambling State University. This pre-screening form does not guarantee admittance into GSU. After your prescreening form has been reviewed, you will receive an email that will let you know if you should proceed with completing the GSU application.
To be eligible, the following criteria must be met:
- High school rising senior classification
- GPA 3.0 or greater (on a 4.0 scale)
The following forms/documents must be and completed and submitted prior to the application deadline:
- Official high school transcript
- Copy of ACT scores
Students who receive notification that they have been pre-selected to participate in the 2021 GSU-DAP will be asked to complete a full application.
The cost of the Virtual Summer GSU-DAP is $100 which will be paid after students are notified of their selection to the program.
Application opens Now!
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: Friday, June 11, 2021
Click below to apply