Parking and Traffic Regulations
VEHICLE REGISTRATION FEE
- Overnight Parking: overnight resident parking is allowed in the green lots ONLY. Overnight visitor parking. Overnight visitors must obtain a night permit at University Police. This night permit is valid only until 8 AM the next morning.
- University Police office, at Grambling State University reception desk, or other campus locations as designated by the Director of University Police. The Motor Vehicle Laws of the State of Louisiana department of Transportation Orders are applicable and enforceable on property maintained by the State University. All drivers are expected to know and observe State Motor Vehicle Laws, Department of Transportation Orders and Campus Parking Regulations.
- HANDICAPPED PARKING: Disabled members of the campus community with mobility impairment should contact the local Department of Motor Vehicles or your local municipality. A College parking decal is also required as well as any parking application fee.
- TOWING: University Police is authorized to tow, at the discretion of the officer, at the owner's expense, any motor vehicle parked illegally in any posted tow away zone on campus, any abandoned vehicle, a vehicle parked illegally in a handicapped space, a vehicle in a fire lane or blocking a drive or building emergency exit and a vehicle that obtains multiple summonses.
- APPEAL PROCEDURE: A parking citation may be appealed by filing a completed appeal form online on our Parking Portalor in person at University Police 10 days of the summons issuance. Also, you are responsible for any late fees that occur 30 days and beyond, regardless whether or not it is in the appeal process.
- The following are changes that will continue to be piloted for each academic semester. If successful, the college will consider making these changes permanent.
- Parking will be considered “open” daily from 6:00 p.m. until 10:00 pm. Monday through Friday, each day. Additionally, from 6:00 a.m. on Saturday until 10:00pm. on Sunday morning and from 6:00 a.m. on Sunday until 10:00pm. on Monday morning parking will be considered “open”. Open parking is defined as any vehicle may park in any Blue, Blue/Red or Yellow parking space, except residential parking lots (green signs). See Parking Regulations for overnight visitor parking rules.
- Vehicles belonging to members of the campus community (individuals with an affiliation with the college) will be required to register a vehicle parked on campus, no matter what time or day the vehicle is parked.
- Consistent with current policy, the following restrictions remain in force:
- Overnight visitor parking (any day from 2:00 a.m. until 8:00 a.m.) requires a temporary parking permit obtainable at University Police and is restricted to designated areas.
- Members of the campus community (e.g., students, faculty, staff, and contractors) are required to register any vehicle parked on campus, regardless of the time or day.
- Regulations pertaining to no parking zones, 30-minute zones, fire safety zones, handicapped parking areas, loading docks and all restricted areas will be enforced at all times.
- Visitors are required to obtain a temporary parking permit Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 pm.
- The Admissions parking area is restricted to Admission’s visitors at all times.
- Parking Office is open Monday - Friday 8 AM to 4:30 PM. Summer hours are from 8 AM to 4 PM. If you need assistance during these hours, call 318-274-2222 0r Email: GSUPolice@gram.edu