- Blue lights mark special twenty (20) safety telephones, indicated on the map below. Their use is not restricted to emergencies; however, you can use them to report incidents or suspicious people, or to ask for assistance or an escort.
- At all blue light phones you need to simply push the button and the phone will signal University Police automatically and direct someone to you.
- View a map of Blue-Light Phone locations (PDF)
- Additionally, outside the main door of each residence hall there is an access phone that can be used to dial University Police in an emergency.
- KEEPING YOURSELF SAFE
- KNOW THE RESIDENCE HALL SECURITY POLICY.
- NEVER GIVE OUT THE CODE ACCESS NUMBER FOR YOUR DOOR OR LEND YOUR KEY OR IDENTIFICATION CARD TO ANYONE ELSE.
- BE CAREFUL ABOUT LEAVING WINDOWS OPEN IN FIRST FLOOR RESIDENCE.
- Residential Units
- You may bring your property and mark it at the Living Unit Office, or you may borrow a marker and use it in your room. An ID card will have to be left as a deposit. When you have finished marking your property, turn in your Personal Property Record and your card will be returned to you.
- You may mark your property at the University Police Department or borrow the tool from the Department. A Grambling State University ID card must be left as a deposit. When you have finished marking your property, turn in your Personal Property Record and your card will be returned to you.
- You should have any easily stolen property marked. Some examples are:
- Television sets
- Stereo Equipment
Operation Identification Programs
How Do I Participate in the Program?
What Should I Have Marked?