School of Social Work
The mission of the School of Social Work is consistent with that of Grambling State University. It is also influenced by the intent of the Consent Decree, a legal agreement between the Department of Justice and the State of Louisiana to desegregate Louisiana institutions of higher education. Incorporated and infused throughout the School's mission statement are the purposes, values and ethics of the Social Work Profession. Thus, the goals of School of Social Work at Grambling State University are to:
- prepare students for generalist practice in public and private human service agencies, and prepare them for autonomous delivery of professional social work services at an advanced level in direct practice.
- prepare students to develop a commitment to the enhancement of human well-being and to the alleviation of human suffering in North Central Louisiana.
- prepare students who will be able to assist the poor, oppressed populations, especially African Americans and rural inhabitants of North Central Louisiana, in reaching the highest possible level of social functioning.
- prepare students to integrate and demonstrate the ethics and values of the Social Work Profession in serving people of diverse backgrounds.
- provide faculty and students with opportunities for research and scholarships
- provide quality educational programs that will attract individuals of all ethnic backgrounds interested in pursuing professional social work education.
Grambling State University School of Social Work is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education’s Commission on Accreditation.
Accreditation of a baccalaureate or master’s social work program by the Council on Social Work Education’s Commission on Accreditation indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of program quality evaluated through a peer review process. An accredited program has sufficient resources to meet its mission and goals and the Commission on Accreditation has verified that it demonstrates compliance with all sections of the Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards.
Accreditation applies to all program sites and program delivery methods of an accredited program. Accreditation provides reasonable assurance about the quality of the program and the competence of students graduating from the program.
Council of Social Work Education (CSWE) Accreditation Compliance
- Form AS 4(M) and MSW Assessment of Student Learning Outcomes 2020/21
- BSW Program 2020-2021 Assessment Data Form-AS-4(B)
- BSW Form AS 4(B) 2019-2020 Assessment
- BSW Assessment of Student Learning Outcomes
- Form AS 4(M) and MSW Assessment of Student Learning Outcomes 2018/19
- MSW Assessment of Student Learning Outcomes (Fall 2020)
Dr. Jacqueline Garrison, Associate Dean
School of Social Work
GSU Box 4274
Charles P. Adams, Room 311C