Living Learning Communities
The Living Learning Communities (LLCs) at GSU are designed to provide students the
opportunity to connect with others who share common academic and personal interests.
As part of the First Year Experience, the LLCs will help connect students with resources
to support success in the first year and beyond.
MISSON: To enhance student learning and intellectual development during the first year of
college by promoting greater interaction between faculty and students.
FOR THE STUDENTS
- To improve the academic success and retention rate of students
- To create a positive peer culture where respect, support, and values regarding learning
FOR THE FACULTY AND ADMINISTRATION
- To create a positive culture for faculty engagement that promotes mutual support and
- To promote a supportive administrative culture
FOR AREA COORDINATORS
- To assist with development of Residential Colleges/Living Learning Communities
WHAT DO LIVING LEARNING COMMUNITIES OFFER?
- Opportunities to live and study with students who share your interests
- Tutors and mentors to show you the ropes and connect you to GSU
- Workshops and programs to promote your academic and personal success
- On-site tutoring, classes, and success workshops
- Activities and programs that integrate academic and social experiences