Security Tips & Information
GSU Information Technology Center
Security Alert - Governor Issues State of Emergency
Some schools in Louisiana have recently experienced malware attacks. The Governor has issued a state of emergency, and IT encourages you to be EXTREMELY CAREFUL with all emails.
Note: This is a warning to be on the alert for e-mail phishing scams that target your userid and password information or other attacks.
Can You Recognize A Phishing Email?
These are security tips from the GSU Information Technology Center to follow when opening emails.
- Do not open suspicious emails or emails from unknown sources
- Hover your cursor over hyperlinks included in e-mails to view the actual URL to make sure it actually relates to the email
- Do not supply log-in credentials or personal identifying information in response to any e-mail
- Never click on links inside spam email
- Don't open unexpected attachments and links
- Treat ALL emails with caution
- Don't give confidential information
- Be skeptical of unexpected emails
- Use caution when downloading files
- Forward suspicious requests for personal information to the GSU Information Technology Center @ email@example.com
THINK BEFORE YOU CLICK
A Single Click Can Change Everything
NO PHISHING! Click here for Phishing Tips and Resources