General Baccalaureate Degree Requirements
The baccalaureate degree requirements are listed.
- Completion of all course requirements in an academic major with no grades lower than
- Completion of all academic requirements in the General Education Program
- Completion of at least 120 credit hours of course work
- Achievement of passing scores on examinations required for the chosen major
- Completion of the Rising Junior Examination (GET 300)
- A minimum grade point average of 2.00
- Earn at least 25 percent of the required credit hours for graduation in residence
To meet the grade point average requirement an adjusted grade point average may be
used. The adjusted GPA uses the last grades earned in courses that have been repeated.
The residence requirement may be waived by the college dean for a given student’s
To receive the baccalaureate degree at one of the University’s commencement exercises
a student must take the following steps:
- Clear all financial obligations to the University prior to taking final examinations
in the final term of enrollment
- File an application for graduation in the office of the dean. This should be done
at the time of registration in the last semester or summer session in which the candidate
completes degree requirements. Each candidate must be recommended for graduation by
the academic dean.
- Be present for the commencement exercise unless written approval to be absent is given
by the candidate’s academic dean.
Baccalaureate Degree Policy