Additional Military Admissions Policies
Prospective students are directed to received approval their student’s Education Services Officer (ESO), military counselor or veteran liaison prior to enrollment.
Military Support Services
Military students have access to disability counseling to assist members with the completion of studies and job search activities.
Disability Services seeks to ensure the University is a welcoming and accessible experience for all students, including veterans. To learn more contact:
Dr. M. Coleen Speed, Director of Student Counseling and Wellness Resource Center
Phone Number: 318-274-3277
The Office of Registrar assists students receiving VA Education Benefits by processing education benefit forms and advising students on all procedures about their education benefits. Veterans can contact the GSU Veterans VA Liaison at:
Corey Pruitt, VA School Certifying Officer
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Resources at GSU
- Undergraduate Admissions
- Credit for Military Service
- Veterans with at least one year military service may be allowed a maximum of six semester hours of credit in activity courses in the Department of Kinesiology, in accordance with the recommendations of the Commission on Accreditation of Service Experiences. Veterans should submit official copies of service records to the Registrar’s Office during the first semester of attendance.
- Credit will be allowed for college-level courses completed by correspondence and/or group study through the United States Armed Forces Institute. Along with the application for admissions, official copies of these credits should be submitted to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
- Counseling Center/Disability Services
- Financial Aid- The Office of Student Financial Aid is part of the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA0 and the Louisiana Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (LASFAA). These organizations provide thorough training for all employees. Each year both organizations offer conferences in which our team members often participate. Also, we have a close relationship with our Louisiana National Guard Representatives who direct us on which students are eligible to receive National Guard Exemptions.
- Office of Career Center
- Testing Services
- Tuition & Fees
- Veteran Legislation & Military Status
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- La VetCorps