Grambling State University Web Logo Grambling State University Print Logo Grambling State University Web Logo



Replacing Your Tiger1 Card


Your Tiger1 Card contains vital information and is essential for access and identification while on the campus of Grambling State University. It is very important that you take every precaution to prevent it from being damaged, lost, or stolen.

You must be a fully registered student at Grambling State University, before receiving a Tiger1 Card. (**Your student fee sheet will be requested for verification**)

Lost or Stolen Cards
There is a $25.00 replacement fee for lost cards. Payment to replace your Tiger1 Card is accepted at the Cashier’s Window in Long-Jones Hall. Payment must be in the form of cash, check, or credit card. (Tuition Transfer or Gflex Transfer is not an accepted form of payment)

If your Tiger1 Card is lost or stolen the Tiger1 Card Office can ‘freeze’ your card so it cannot be swiped for use, protecting your Accounts (i.e. Meal Plan, Tiger Bucks, Bookstore Allotment, Gflex, etc.)

Damaged Cards
If your Tiger1 Card fails to work for any reason, please take it to the Tiger1 Card Office in Long-Jones Hall, Room 171. If we cannot fix the problem, we will replace your Tiger1 Card at no cost to you.

The following circumstances may apply:

  • The card becomes defective due to normal usage. (i.e. the magnetic strip becomes scratched or fades from extensive use)
  • The ink or lettering has leeched off and identifying information (name and G#) is no longer readable.
  • You are submitting a legal name change or correcting your campus G#.

Hole Punching Your Card

We strongly discourage punching a hole in your Tiger1 Card. There is a magstripe on the rear of your card and punching a hole in the magstripe will render your card useless. Punching a hole in your card could also damage identifying information. If this occurs, you must replace the Tiger1 Card at the full replacement cost of $25.00.